We can’t wait to see you at all of the fun and interesting programs that we have planned for April. Download a copy of our April program calendar (pdf; right click to save to your computer). Subscribe to our email newsletter to stay up to date on what’s happening at the library.
Our featured April program:
We are pleased to announce that, beginning in April, we will offer free English as a Second Language (ESL) classes, which will be taught by Rochelle Park resident Sarah Simon. Starting on Wednesday, April 2, prospective students may register for classes in person, over the phone, or at the link above.
The library will host an ESL Open House on Saturday, April 19. Prospective students can get more information about our ESL classes, meet the teacher, and register in person. Classes will begin on Thursday, April 24 at 6 PM. Participation in our ESL program is not limited to Rochelle Park residents, and students may attend one or both weekly sessions.
Other April highlights:
- A Taste of India – The inaugural destination in our new monthly “A Taste of…” series, join us as we learn about the South Asian country of India. During National Library Week, April 13 – 19, we will explore the sights, sounds, and cuisine of India. Travel the world without leaving Rochelle Park!
- On Tuesday, April 15, our afternoon movie will be The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.
- On Thursday, April 17, join us for a night of Indian culture. Come sample Indian food and listen to Rochelle Park resident Sheeba Somashekar talk about growing up and living India before moving to the United States. We will also listen to Indian music.
- Free movies, including a showing of Frozen on Saturday, April 12 at 10:30 AM.
- Our Earth Day party, complete with desserts and a screening of The Lorax.
- Warmer weather (we don’t actually have any control over this one, but we’re optimists)!